put (something) into wordsidiom
Definition of put (something) into words
: to express (a thought or feeling) in words She finds it hard to put her feelings into words. [=to say what her feelings are] He felt as though all three of them had reached an understanding they didn't need to put into words; …— J. K. Rowling
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?