variants: or pussy's toe \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗ \
Definition of pussytoe
: a cat's-foot of the genus Antennaria especially : a cat's foot (A. plantaginifolia) of eastern and central North America with foliage suggesting that of a plantain and usually crimson flower heads subtended by purple white-marked involucres —usually used in plural
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game