variants: or pussy's toe \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗ \
Definition of pussytoe
: a cat's-foot of the genus Antennaria especially : a cat's foot (A. plantaginifolia) of eastern and central North America with foliage suggesting that of a plantain and usually crimson flower heads subtended by purple white-marked involucres —usually used in plural
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game