Definition of push shot
1 : a billiards or pool shot in which the cue remains in contact with the cue ball until the cue ball has touched the object ball or one in which the cue strikes the cue ball twice
2 : a golf shot in which a player having his weight forward on the left foot and his wrists firm hits the ball a descending blow thus producing a low ball which stops quickly
3 : a one-hand basketball shot similar to the lay-up but executed farther from the basket
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game