variants: or purliecue \ ˈpərlə̇ˌkyü \
Definition of purlicue
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a résumé of a series of sermons or addresses given at the close (as of a communion season) : peroration
variants: or purliecue \ " \
Definition of purlicue (Entry 2 of 2)
: to give a purlicue
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?