pu·nic·ic acid | \ pyüˈnisik-\
Definition of punicic acid
: a crystalline unsaturated fatty acid C4H9(CH=CH)3(CH2)7COOH that is a geometrical isomer of eleostearic acid and is obtained from oil of pomegranate
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game