pump (someone or something) full of (something)idiom
Definition of pump (someone or something) full of (something)
: to fill (someone or something) with (something) by using a pump They pumped the balloon full of helium. —often used figuratively She was pumped full of antibiotics/caffeine.He pulled out a gun and threatened to pump them full of bullets/lead.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?