Definition of pulsebeat
1a : pulse sense 1b
b : regular rhythm the pulsebeat of the universe
2 : an indication of an underlying sentiment, opinion, or drift every pulsebeat of that distrust which filled the souls of … people— Upton Sinclair
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?