pull intophrasal verb
Definition of pull into
1 of a car, train, etc. : to arrive at a particular place The train pulled into the station right on time.
2 : to move a vehicle to (a particular place) He pulled into the parking space. He slowly pulled the car into traffic.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game