pu·la·han | \ ˌpüləˈhän\
plural pulahanes\ -(ˌ)nās \
Definition of pulahan
: a member of a 19th century band of Tagalog insurgents especially in Leyte and Samar organized in opposition to domination of the Philippines by the Spanish friars
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game