pu·ka·tea | \ ˌpükəˈtāə\
Definition of pukatea
: a lofty New Zealand forest tree (Laurelia novae-zealandiae) of the family Monimiaceae having a light-colored wood that is soft but strong
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game