Definition of pugmark
: footprint specifically : the footprint of a wild mammal (such as tiger or leopard) … all he'd found were a pair of legs and a few red traces in the snow, surrounded by the pugmarks of a tigress. — Peter Matthiessen
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game