Definition of pug-nosed eel
: a deep-sea eel (Simenchelys parasiticus) having a shorter and stouter body than the common eel and a short blunt nose and burrowing into the bodies of other fishes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game