Definition of pudding time
1 archaic : dinnertime as it was pudding time with us, our visitor was … invited to sit and eat— J. K. Townsend
2 archaic : an auspicious moment here he comes in pudding time to resolve the question— John Dryden & W. C. Newcastle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?