pseu·do·tachylyte | \ "+\
Definition of pseudotachylyte
: a rock consisting of glass in which are included numerous fragments of the adjacent rock and which is supposed to have been formed by the partial fusion of crush breccia or mylonite
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?