pro·to·porcelain | \ ¦prōt(ˌ)ō+\
Definition of protoporcelain
: a porcelaneous ware lacking some of the qualities of a true porcelain specifically : a hard-fired gray kaolinic Chinese stoneware known since the Han dynasty
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game