variants: or less commonly protogene \ ˈprōtəˌjēn \
Definition of protogine
1 : a granite that is especially prevalent in the central Alps and that has a gneissoid texture probably due to dynamic action
2 : a rock with authigenic constituents
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game