pro·to·cooperation | \ "+\
Definition of protocooperation
: automatic or involuntary interaction by different kinds of organisms through which they mutually benefit (as by provision of debris habitats by trees and stirring of the forest floor by microfauna living in or on the debris)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?