pro·to·conch | \ ˈprōtə+ˌ-\
Definition of protoconch
1 : the embryonic shell of a mollusk (as a univalve)
2 : the apical chamber or whorl of an ammonite or gastropod
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game