Definition of prostrate pigweed
: a prostrate or decumbent annual plant (Amaranthus blitoides) native to western North America but established as a weed elsewhere especially in waste places and neglected fields having alternate simple spatulate leaves and small greenish flowers in axillary clusters
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?