pros and consplural noun
Definition of pros and cons
1 : arguments for and against —often + of Congress weighed the pros and cons of the new tax plan.
2 : good points and bad points Each technology has its pros and cons.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game