Definition of prop word
: a noun or pronoun of very indefinite meaning that takes the qualification of an adjective with the effect of giving the latter a virtual noun construction (as things in “review books, manuscripts, and other literary things” or one in “two apples, a red and green one”)
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game