Definition of procyonid
: a mammal of the family Procyonidae Ringtails in fact are not cats or, taxonomically, much like them. Rather, they are procyonids, closely related to raccoons and coatis, more distantly to pandas.— Bil Gilbert, Smithsonian, August 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game