privies in estate
Definition of privies in estate
: persons having a mutual interest in or successive relationship derived at the same time out of the same original seisin to the same estate or right in the same property the relationship existing between an original owner of an estate in property and one who succeeds to the same estate therein by grant or by testate or intestate succession or succession by operation of law is that of privies in estate
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game