Definition of privative intercession
: the assumption under Roman or civil law of a liability for a debt or obligation by the substitution of a new debtor or obligor for the old one : an expromission that resembles common-law novation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game