Definition of private practice
: a professional business (such as that of a lawyer or doctor) that is not controlled or paid for by the government or a larger company (such as a hospital) After years as attorney general, he returned to private practice.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game