pritch·ar·dia | \ priˈchärdēə\
Definition of pritchardia
1 capitalized : a genus of showy fan palms of the Pacific islands distinguished by cuneate or flabelliform leaves having bifid segments and used for making fans and hats
2 plural -s : any plant of the genus Pritchardia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game