pri·sal | \ ˈprīzəl\
Definition of prisal
1 obsolete : seizure (as of goods) under legal or customary privilege
a : the action of taking something as a prize of war
b : something taken as a prize
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game