principle of equivalence
Definition of principle of equivalence
: a principle in the general theory of relativity: the mass of a body as measured by its resistance to acceleration under the action of a force is equal to the mass as measured by the effect of a gravitational field on the body
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?