Prince Edward Islandgeographical name (1)
Definition of Prince Edward Island
(Entry 1 of 2)
island of southeastern Canada in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence off eastern New Brunswick and northern Nova Scotia; a province (Canada's smallest); capital Charlottetown area 2195 square miles (5686 square kilometers), population 140,204
Prince Edward Island National Parkgeographical name (2)
Definition of Prince Edward Island National Park (Entry 2 of 2)
reservation of scenic coastal features on the northern part of Prince Edward Island, Canada
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game