variants: or primrose peerless narcissus
Definition of primrose peerless
: a southern European narcissus (Narcissus biflorus) that is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental and has grasslike leaves and usually paired white to greenish white flowers
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game