Definition of primordial ovum
: one of the large cells in the germinal epithelium and in the sexual cords or egg tubes derived from it which occur in embryos of both sexes but more abundantly in the female and from which the true eggs are believed to be derived
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game