primary protective layernoun
Definition of primary protective layer
: a layer developed within the separation layer in leaves of deciduous plants at the time of leaf fall that protects the exposed cells from desiccation and infection until the periderm forms
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game