Definition of prick punch
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a pointed steel punch used to mark a reference point on metal or to puncture sheet metal for the insertion of rivets or bolts
Definition of prick-punch (Entry 2 of 2)
: to mark (as machine work) with a prick punch
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?