pre·welt method | \ ˈprē¦welt-\
Definition of prewelt method
: shoe construction used chiefly in infants' and children's shoes in which the welt is sewn to the lasting edge of the upper by means of a chainstitch seam and the outsole is attached to the welt with a lockstitch seam
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game