Definition of prerogative court
1 : an ecclesiastical court formerly exercising probate jurisdiction with respect to wills and estates of decedents
2 : a court formerly appointed by the royal governor of an American colony
3 : orphans' court
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game