Definition of prerogative court
1 : an ecclesiastical court formerly exercising probate jurisdiction with respect to wills and estates of decedents
2 : a court formerly appointed by the royal governor of an American colony
3 : orphans' court
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game