variants: or pre-punch
prepunched or pre-punched; prepunching or pre-punching
Definition of prepunch
: to perforate, cut, or emboss (something) in advance especially by means of a punch Purchase one-inch-wide three-ring binders and prepunch the singers' scores before distributing them.— Arthur Wenk You will need to prepunch holes for embroidering. Otherwise, it will be almost impossible to get your needle through the leather!— Kristen Sutcliffe
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game