variants: or pre-modify
premodified or pre-modified; premodifying or pre-modifying
Definition of premodify
: to modify (something) in advance premodify a computer a premodified engine Nissan boosted the Sentra's spring rates by about 10 percent …. That's about the same change you get when you put an aftermarket "sport" suspension kit on a car, so the Sentra is now pre-modified for you.— Jeff Zurschmeide … artists pre-modifying their style to suit expected editorial pressure …— Jason Thompson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?