Definition of prejudgment interest
: interest awarded to the prevailing party in a lawsuit as compensation for loss of the use of money from the time it is determined at trial to be due to the time final judgment is entered
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game