variants: or pre-commitment
plural precommitments or pre-commitments
Definition of precommitment
: a commitment (such as a commitment to do or provide something) made in advance … intends to raise approximately … 15 million [euros] through a public rights offering, of which … 10 million has already been secured via precommitments from certain existing shareholders and new investors. — Key Pharma News
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game