pre·centrum | \ "+\
Definition of precentrum
1 : a distinct anterior portion of the centrum of a vertebra commonly bearing the neural and hemal arches in a fish that has vertebra with postcentra
2 : one of an alternate series of vertebral centra occurring in some fishes and having both hemal and neural arches
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game