Definition of prairie brown
: a brownish orange that is less strong and slightly yellower and lighter than spice and slightly redder and darker than Windsor tan, Titian, amber brown, or gold pheasant
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game