Definition of practiced eye
1 : a lot of knowledge about and experience with the way something looks His practiced eye told him one of the diamonds was a fake.
2 : someone who has a lot of knowledge about and experience with the way something looks The diamonds may look identical to you and me, but to a practiced eye, one is obviously a fake.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game