Definition of practical reason
1 : reason concerned with the practical accomplishment of chosen ends —contrasted with theoretical reason
2 Kantianism : the action or office of reason in matters of the will specifically : the determination of the grounds or universal laws of voluntary action by reason
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game