Definition of power supply
: a device providing power to electronic equipment and sometimes designated A, B, or C according to its function of heating vacuum tube cathodes, causing a flow of electron current in plate circuits, or applying a direct voltage in grid circuits
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?