Definition of power car
1a : a railroad car equipped with machinery for supplying heat and electricity to a train
b : a railroad car having controls for operation alone or with other cars as a train
2 : a usually faired in structure supported from or suspended beneath the hull of an airship and carrying the engine or engines used for propulsion
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game