powder of Algaroth
powder of Al·ga·roth | \ -ˈalgəˌrȯth, -räth\
Definition of powder of Algaroth
: a white powder of variable composition consisting principally of antimony oxychloride formed by the action of much water on antimony trichloride and used chiefly in the preparation of tartar emetic and formerly in medicine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game