pound the streets/pavementidiom
Definition of pound the streets/pavement
: to walk or run on the street especially in search of something She's out there every day pounding the pavement, looking for work. Hard-core joggers will pound the streets in all kinds of weather.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game