potter around/aboutphrasal verb
pottered around/about; pottering around/about; potters around/about
Definition of potter around/about
: to spend time in a relaxed way doing small jobs and other things that are not very important He spent his holidays pottering around the house/garden.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?