Definition of potato tree
: any of several arborescent or nearly arborescent plants of the genus Solanum (as the Brazilian S. macranthum and the Chilean S. crispum) none of which are true potatoes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game