Definition of pot metal
1a : an alloy of copper and lead used especially for making large vessels
b : a cast iron used for making pots and other holloware
2a : glass that is melted in a pot
b : stained glass whose colors are incorporated with melted glass in the pot
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game